Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Birthday Boy gets his Biggest Wish

So I'm really far behind (Remember that song by Candlebox? Love it!) in posts...I blame it on our slow wireless connection that requires me to hole up in the spare bedroom to upload pictures. BUT now with the wireless from our neighbor's house (shhh, don't tell), I can upload pics from the comfort of our own hand-me-down couch. :)

Tonight's blog session starts with Jeff's birthday, 2 months ago. Jeff was turning the big 3-1 and when asked what he wanted, his most desired item was a leopard print Snuggie...but only if it came with the bonus clip-on reading light. Luckily for him, the Snuggie gods were listening and my parents, Aimee and Randy came through in the clutch. I think he's really looking forward to wearing it at the ND football game in Yankee Stadium in October since he is really a big fan of that family that is sitting in the bleachers in their Snuggies from the commercial. Of course, Jeff is spoiled and got lots of other good birthday gifts too but most importantly, I think he loved his birthday dinner with his "special someone" (i.e. me). We always go on a dinner date for our birthdays at the birthday boy/girl's choosing. This year, Jeff chose the concession stand at Nationwide Arena as the hated Calgary Flames were in town, and he wanted to watch the CBJ. Funny how it always works out that the Jackets have a big game on his birthday!
There she is!
That magic moment
Our Captain - RICK NASH!
You can always count on a good scrum or two when the Flames come to town

So I was hoping to catch the winning goal in the shoot-out...no such luck

No comments: